yes, spring is ruling the runways, but winter is still with us so I fall back (haha!) on RTW 09 runway looks for inspiration. I am anticipating the warm to come out from hibernation to break out a pair of leather shorts, but until then i will be covered in layers of...leather!
leather represents wealth, sexiness and power, wouldn't you say? for example, a healthy dose of leather panels on a worn in t-shirt creates a look that is casual, mysterious, and posh. (not to mention that great air of "i-don't-give-a-fuck," totally badass. and honestly, who does not want to feel like a badass? my point exactly.)
whether it is quietly paneled over jeans or constructed into a tight, mini dress that yells "look at me!" leather is still the talk of the town. now let's take a look at some of the leather obsessed looks that I cannot get out of my mind as of late.
from runway to streetstyle, leather dominates:
Balmain, Christine Centenera, Constance Jablonski, Ekaterina Mukhina, Pandora (and Pandora's blog)
leather items are both tough and chic--a perfect combination:
1. Forever 21 grainy faux leather short, $17.80
2. Vans leather authentic lo pro, $52
3. ModCloth I'm with the strand necklace, $19.99
4. Nasty Gal faux leather zipper leggings, $44
5. Nasty Gal triple chain cuff, $18
6. Sophomore leather skirt, $330 (bonadrag.com)
7. Urban Outfitters urban renewal leather and knit bodycon dress, $39.99 (on sale)
8. Urban Outfitters urban renewal leather mini skirt, $58